Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Michelle Obama on the Cover of Vogue


I've been hearing all these rumors that Vogue is in the shitter and that most women's magazines have lost enormous amounts of advertising. I, for one think they should get their heads out of their asses and stop putting celebrities on the covers. Harper's Bazaar is not People Magazine. If you want info on Kate Hudson or Nicole Kidman there are reams of it in USweekly and OK magazine, not to mention the internet.

So Anna Wintour wakes up one day in a cold sweat from yet another nightmare of losing her job or gaining five pounds and has an epiphany. I'll put the new First Lady on the cover! (Strangely enough, Hillary Clinton was the first to do the honors back in 1998. I would have thought Jackie Kennedy in the 60s.) The article centers on how her life is going to change in the White House and how she will remain a hands on mother to Sasha and Malia. And the dress on the cover is by Jason Wu, the same designer who is responsible for her Inaugural gown.

I like the photo, I like that she put a black person on the cover who isn't named Naomi Campbell, but it's time to start giving the models a break and put them back on the cover where they belong. Not some airbrushed photograph of Jennifer Aniston so she can promote her latest turd of a movie. Give me beauty or give me death!

And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: