Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Australian Fires Produce Some Cute




If you've been reading the news lately you know that Australia is experiencing some devastating forest fires on a scale of the ones we get in California. Sometimes it's easy to forget that there are animals who are losing their homes and dying, not just people. This poor little Koala was a thirsty little bugger when this firefighter caught up with him. I would have totally tried to sneak that sucker into my backpack and charged the neighborhood kids to take a peek at him. Don't judge! Times are tough, people!
I threw in the koala picture I took at the zoo last year. It was so hard to get a picture of his face. He kept turning away from all the noise the rowdy kids were making. Or maybe he looked into my face and saw the eyes of a kidnapper, I really don't know.

No comments: