Sunday, February 15, 2009

T.I.'s Road to Redemption

T.I. may be an extremely popular entertainer but in a month he will be serving time for weapons possession, and as a felon that could carry a 30 year sentence. He made a deal to shrink that time down to a little over a year if he completes 1,000 hours of community service and mentors 7 young people in trouble. MTV has filmed a documentary showing those seven kids and I, for one, am hoping that he makes a difference in their lives and keeps them out of jail and on the right path.
I realize that this is something that T.I. has to do to minimize his time in prison but that doesn't change the fact that he acts like he really cares. I hope he continues this work once he gets out of jail and back to his life of fame and wealth. Only time will tell.
Here is a scene from his dealings with self proclaimed hustler PeeWee, and how the kid reacts to a visit to the morgue.

No comments: