Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Marc Jacobs Fall RTW








He is totally channeling Flock of Seagulls, right? That hair, those neon colors and he even used sweatshirt material a la Norma Kamali 1983-84. I had that Kamali red and black striped collapsed turtleneck tunic number and wore it to death. I think that I'm wearing it in 90% of the pictures taken of me at the time. I even sewed up my own version out of black wool and corduroy in college.

The makeup is lifted straight off of the girls in the "I Ran" video and that is not a bad thing. Airbrushed makeup is utterly impractical but some of the effects will trickle down to Macy's and Loreal. I just hope that someone does a knock-off of that fabulous pick coat so I can afford it. Do you love it or hate it? It makes me nostalgic.
Photos from Getty Images.

2 comments:

billybeyond.com said...

there is a way to make the 80's revival make you feel young again instead of really old...
GET INTO IT


totally....



fersure

billybeyond.com

twunty mcslore said...

You are right, baby. I am going to get into it, starting with the fabulous checkered tights I saw on your blog. I actually still own a pair of them and will be featuring them in my early spring ensembles. Cleveland Heights trend setting, here I come.