Friday, February 20, 2009

Malandrino Show























I hesitated to post anything about Catherine Malandrino's show because of her use of fur. I'm almost positive it is real and I'm not really down with that. I decided to go ahead and show some of the outfits because the collection is inspired by Elsa Schiapperelli and includes a lovely bird print. What do you think about the face and hand appliques? Did Moschino do surreal fashion better because he injected so much humor into it? I have to bring that up seeing as the models in this show are still super somber. Perk up, people! Maybe they should start passing out X before they go out on the runway. Or laughing gas, it's probably cheaper.
You score extra points if you recognized the Rainbow Room as this year's venue. They are standing still because the circular floor rotates.

No comments: