Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saint Louis

I can be an airhead. I didn't realize until two weeks ago that the camera in my phone had a 'solarize' option. I discovered it by accident while I was trying to take a picture of Mr. McSlore's ass in the Ancient Art section of the St. Louis Art Museum. In lieu of showing you his ass, which may not be as fascinating to you as it is to me, I give you the towering statue of Saint Louis out front of the museum-

Here he is, in all his glory, un-solarized. He looks as though he would fit right in with ghost army from Return of the King.

The man depicted here which the city was named after, is King Louis IX of France. Not sure why they chose a dead guy from the 13th century but he makes for a pretty cool statue, and they do have a fair collection of armor in the museum. Nothing like the Met in New York, but who has that kind of funding?

This could do some serious damage to the Jehovahs that keep showing up on my doorstep-

I just love the staircases in and out of the exhibit. The ceiling is gorgeous too. I could live in there. Hey, speaking of which, do any of you remember a children's book about a girl and her little brother that spend the night in the Met? I can't recall the name..





No comments: