Sunday, January 10, 2010

Geraniums In January




I am a compulsive gardener. I love plants, look forward to the seed catalogues arriving in January and the first spring bulb popping out of the ground in February. I have a pretty decent green thumb but I'm no Pierre Belon ( he's the one who brought tulips back to Europe from Turkey, among other things).


I have one plant that is insanely healthy. I've over-wintered it in the sunroom two years in a row and it's blooming indoors for the second time! It's like the plant equivelant of Fertile Myrtle. I expect to see little baby Geraniums crapping their pants and drooling on the floor any day now.

1 comment:

billybeyond.com said...

LOVE tHIS seemingly mundane post. It took me right back. I miss a snowy window. LOve a late bloomer. i can relate.

BILLSTER