Sunday, March 1, 2009

Yum, Yum, Yummy Beer


Our president attended last night's Wizards game and enjoyed a frosty cold one, courtside. On the one hand, he brought good luck to The Wizards because they won, but he is a Chicago boy, so beating the Bulls must have been bittersweet. Anyway, it's nice that he makes time to enjoy himself and isn't afraid to drink in public. When was the last time you saw that? I know that Dubya was a recovering alcoholic, I don't remember seeing Clinton drink, only eat and smoke cigars, and did Bush senior tipple? I'm pretty sure that he did. Nixon drank, Ford drank (not as much as his wife, but we all know that), Johnson drank, Kennedy drank and I think that Reagan only did so sparingly.

I would think that with a high stress job you would need some kind of outlet, some way to unwind. Someone needs to write a book on how people in lofty positions keep their head screwed on properly, and not some mamby pamby Redbook/Parade magazine fluff, get Christopher Hitchens or P.J.O'Rourke to write it.

If any of you know of a book like this that has already been written, I would sure like to know about it.

No comments: