Friday, January 23, 2009

Miss Aretha Can Get Away With Wearing Anything


Who does she remind you of in this photo? I'm thinking of a certain John Waters movie star who passed away shortly after filming the original "Hairspray." Someone who will live on in my imagination forever for tearing an umbilical cord with her teeth and eating freshly squeezed out doggy butt nuggets. One of my first encounters with how insanely wonderful a truly sick drag queen can be. And I was hooked for life. As I told Ru yesterday, if it wasn't for all my drag friends in my NYC years I would have had very little social life. So, worship your local gender illusionists! And don't forget that January if officially Drag Month so you only have a few more days to celebrate. So break out those heels and pencil in those eyebrows and show your pride!

For those of you who haven't seen the movies I am refering to, the drag queen is Divine.

No comments: