Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Et Tu, Maine?


Everybody voted, the ballots are counted and a state that I thought was super liberal has overturned the gay marriage law. I guess I was wrong.

I am not a huge proponent of marriage, I think that civil unions are better for everyone, including straights, but why does fucking an entire part of our culture up the ass every few years seem to make some people (religious groups) so damn happy? I am not going to post the picture of them gleefully celebrating while gays and lesbians get their hearts broken. This is bad enough.

And New York? Bloomberg, for a THIRD time? Someone help me with this, it does not compute. Lawmakers like him changing the law to benefit only himself is beyond unacceptable, but you voted him back in on top of it! Blech!

Here in Ohio an issue allowing gambling finally passed, as did one changing county government to help rid us of some of the corruption that has been plaguing Cleveland for years now. I sure hope it works but I'm not holding my breath.

Remember last year? How excited and hopeful we all were because change was finally coming. Well, it looks like it is going to take a little longer than we thought it would.

No comments: