Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Polaroid Is Coming Back

Billy took this one of me and Kath at Kent State. Notice the gorgeous job he did graffiti-ing the boom box. The 80s, dear God. I wish that I still had that feathered hat, though. And the really tight suit that I believe we found in the theater department's dumpster. Ah, youth. I'm lucky I didn't catch something from all the second hand stuff we wore back then.
So, here's the deal; Polaroid is bringing back the One Step camera which means they will start making film again next year. I have two cameras, the little one that uses sticker film and one of the last models they ever made. I hope that the reissue does really well so that they remake all the different kinds of film. I don't want to have to buy yet another camera.
But, halleluyah! Every time I have gone to a party and shared the pictures with everybody, or taken a photo of some little kid's Halloween costume that he gets to keep, it's been a huge hit. It's one of the ways I bribe people into liking me. Works real well becuase most people love to see pictures of themselves. Go figure.

No comments: