Friday, February 27, 2009

How to Spot a Liar

My boyfriend has taught me a thing or two about how to tell when someone is lying by watching their facial expressions and body language. I can be a bit too trusting so any little bit will help if I can figure out if someone is trying to pull the wool over my eyes. This Gretchen chick from The Real Housewives of Orange County is a classic case. Watch her, she's completely unable to keep her mouth from trying to jump off of her face, she continually shifts her eyes to the left when she's speaking and her posture is alternately defensive and attacking. Her legs remain tightly crossed throughout and I bet you could crack walnuts between them. Even if you don't watch this show or simply hate the housewives on principal, it's still an amazing case study in mendacity. She would have better served herself by telling Tamra it was none of her business instead of making herself look like a fool. Painful to watch.
By the way, the Bravo channel website is one of the worst TV websites out there. Their videos only work part of the time, the design sucks and they need to get full episodes up like most of the other ones do. There is no rhyme or reason to when they post pictures and I pity anyone who has to recap these shows without them. They need a new web designer, stat.

No comments: