I won a super special award! A Spatula Blogger Award! Appropriate since I got whacked with one pretty regularly as a kid.Anyway, I got tagged by Bob from I'm Not laughing as being an enjoyably irreverant blogger, or something to that effect. There's a hitch, though. There always is, now isn't there? I have to tell you crap about myself that you don't know. Well, If I haven't told you, it's because it's none yo bidness, but I'm game. I'll play. Besides, as you all know, I find myself endlessly fascinating.
1. I like gay people way more than breeders.
Maybe it's because I live in Ohio, but I rarely meet any straight people that I think are worthy of my time. I like the way gay people think. I'm a snob when it comes to the intellectual/sense of humor/creativity of people. I know that sounds bad, but at least I'm a snob FOR THE GAYS. Also, it's no accident that every male friend of mine in high school, save two, turned out to be gay. I even bearded for one. I think that's a rite of passage for a gal like me.
2. I met Gina Lollabrigida and her boobs at an IFC awards thingymajigger.
I am rarely tongue tied. I was that day. She was 50 and looked like a young Joan Collins. I almost got on my knees to worship her but she was with Richard Avedon and I didn't want him thinking that I was making fun of his height.
3. I have a five head. Always have, always will. Voila:
Look, Chemgal. I too, was a glowbaby!
4. I HATE those commercial with Sarah McLachlan and the abused pets that need to be adopted. It's like, 'Cry! Now give me your money!' HATE.
5. I have a bizarre crush on Eddie Izzard. I can't explain it. I don't even think he looks that good in drag. Oy.
6. My ancestor and Mr. McSlore's ancestor fought over the inclusion of slavery in the Declaration of Independence. Unfortunately, mine won.
7. My Grandfather played with Cab Calloway.
8. I share a birthday with Mother Teresa and PeeWee Herman. FUCKED UP.
9. I modeled Norma Kamali clothes on Attitudes. Remember that show? AWESOME Lifetime camp.
10. I abhor country music and folk rock and will go to my grave clutching Dio and Judas Priest albums.
Okay, now here's who I think deserve awards.
Bob from http://ishouldbelaughing.blogspot.com/. for his impeccable taste, clearly. Plus, he blogs religiously and the only thing we disagree about is Bethenny.
Karen from http://itinerantcook.blogspot.com/. She's smart, she can cook and she shares!
Billy from http://billybeyond.blog-city.com/. He also shares. This time it's music and his great photography.
Lady Bunny http://blog.ladybunny.net/ . Yes, she was around before electricity. Yes, she's a filthy old whore, BUT she's one of my oldest and mostest smartest friends.
Finally, Bidz. http://www.bidz.com/ Self explainatory.
Please share stuff about yourself in the comments. Preferably insane and embarrassing.