Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Year Later


I almost forgot! Mr. McSlore and I quit smoking a year ago July 19th. I don't even miss it. Sometimes I light up in my dreams, then immediately put it out in disgust.
Those first days were HELL but it was one of the smartest things I ever did, other than moving to NY with Billy and Kathy, and saying, "what the hell?" whenever something outlandish was suggested.We should all say "what the hell?" more often, except for doing reality shows. Leave that to the professionals who have no souls or conscience.
And let me ask you this- why is it that Lady Bunny doesn't have her own show? Did you see her on Drag U? Such elegance and refined glamour. Miss Andy is missing the boat with that one. I can see the credits rolling on Bravo now- Real Ugly Housecoats of The Meatpacking District. RuPaul can do the reunion specials and Bunny will have it out with Tammie Brown and Dame Edna and Joan Rivers can act as fashion police at all the step & repeats.
What's that, you say? Joan's not a drag queen? Don't be silly.

By the way, the picture is of me lighting up my very last cigarette. Yikes!

3 comments:

pjkray said...

Quitting is easy, I quit dozens of times. Actually, I haven't had a cigarette since Oct 2003

twunty mcslore said...

good for you! I think this time will stick for me. I just don't think about it anymore. Weird.

Teen LaQueefah said...

I need your resolve. Very difficult thing to do.