Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What's the Big Deal?


Sean Avery is one of the bad boys of the NHL. He has all the qualifications, he's a pest to goalies, is an instigator, dates famous women and talks trash on a regular basis. He even interned or guest edited or something at Vogue this past summer before he left NYC for Dallas. Genius move. I wonder how many models he bagged or if Anna Wintour made him rub her aching feet and fetch her Cappuccinos.

Anyway, he just got suspended. Not for fighting or drugs or carrying a handgun or any of the usual reasons athletes get suspended. Nope, it was this quote he made to media as he was entering a practice session in Calgary where one of the players, Dion Phaneuf, is dating his ex Elisha Cuthbert:

"I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about. Enjoy the game tonight."

Wtf? Suspended for that? Someone explain this to me. I must be missing something.

No comments: