Monday, May 24, 2010

The Grim Reaper Has Been Up To No Good Again




First it was Dio, a true original and inspiration to metal heads like me everywhere. Then it was Mr. McSlore's amazing grandfather. You could fill a book on what he did in the first half of his life alone, kinda like his grandson. Then my cousin got hit by a car and died in the emergency room. Wait, 'hit' isn't the right word. Pulverised, that sounds more accurate. Her car tumbled into a ravine as he skidded to a stop another 50 yards down the road.
So, that's three, right? Enough, but sadly, there's four. The real person that inspired Geena Davis's character in A League of Their Own died last week as well. I love that movie. I was surprised when I realised that we don't own it. We have 'It's Alive' on DVD, but not that? I love my horror too but that is just insane.
Anyhoo, Dottie was old, she'd lived a long life, and she is another one that inspires to this day. So does the movie. If I had a nickel for every time someone says, "There's no crying in ______," I'd have a lot of nickels, maybe even enough for some popcorn and a soda at a game.
Hug and kiss your loved ones. It's what Marla Hooch would have wanted.

1 comment:

danicat2358 said...

So sorry to hear about all your losses recently...we miss you on the "other" site. If you need a hand with your doggie friends (walking/sitting, etc), I think I live not too far from you (off of Sprague between Ridge & State), I'd be happy to help (even tho I'm more a cat person than a dog person)...take care and hope you feel back to yourself soon!!